Updated by Patrick Mares
Browse to the File Center using the main navigation bar. Near the bottom of the left-hand navigation bar, under " Catalog Import", click "Private Catalog: Import Products"
Step 1 - Download Template
Download the Compatible File Template Private Catalog: Import Products link shown in the above image.
Open the downloaded file.
For this template and any others in the E-Commerce platform, make sure that you review the developer notes so that you can ensure that your file meets the required specifications.
Step 2 - Populate Template With Your Data
This template has seventeen (17) columns, some of which are optional. Below we offer an explanation of what each column header represents.
The name of the brand manufacturer. You will want to make sure that you watch your spelling to make sure that you don't accidentally get the same brand in twice. Examples of Brand/Manufacturer: Sea-Doo, AFX, Stillen, Kubota, Seizmik, Yamaha.
Examples of Product Group Name: Force Gloves, Outpost Jacket, GX-J Boots. You want to group similar products with different attributes together so that they can display on a marketplace with dropdowns or attribute selectors. Don't let size, color, or option leak into your Product Group name. Utilize the size, color, option columns the way they are meant to be used.
A Product is a unique MPN. There is only one MPN per product. A Product Group is all the different variations of a single product. There can be multiple MPNs in a Product Group.
In the example below the Manufacturer is HJC, Product Group is CL-17 Punisher 2 Helmet. MPN: 862-757 is a Product
It is possible that a Product Group is represented by only one Product.
This is where you put the general description of the product. Bullet points, etc.
HTML is recommended but not required. Most products within a Product Group will have the same description.
The MPN from the Manufacturer or Original Brand.
Product.upc (Optional) You may use this field to enter a UPC code for your products
The MSRP for the product. The platform has other features that will allow you to adjust the sale price of the product. MSRP is most commonly referenced for aftermarket products.
Large, Medium, Small; 8, 9, 10, 11; 80.00mm, 90.00mm, 100.00mm, etc
Keep your naming conventions consistent throughout all of your apparel data. You can also do LG, M, S if you want, just keep it the same for all product lines. That way when people are shopping around your site or a marketplace everything looks and feels familiar and organized.
Same as above. Red, Yellow, Green will work great. RD, YLW, GRN will also work if you want. Just keep it consistent with ALL of your catalog data.
Use this field if there is a key option on a product line that you feel would be nice to have a shopper toggle on. Or if there are is a product that has like a color line with chrome or black accents. Here are some things we see people use for a Product Option:
- Titanium, Steel, Aluminum
- Carbon Fiber, Stainless Steel
- Knurled, Deep Cut, Slot Track, Dimpled
- Chrome Accent, Gloss Black Accent, Carbon Fiber Accent
- Standard, Short, Long
For images hosted inside or outside of the E-Commerce platform.
HTTP or HTTPS will work.
Multiple images is supported. Simply place a semicolon in between each image URL. No spaces required. Just ";"
For use with Media Center. If you go into Media Center and upload an image, you simply need to copy/paste the image file name into this column.
Inches. No Decimals
Inches. No Decimals
Inches. No Decimals
Pounds. Decimals are OK.
Step 3 - Upload Your Data
- Back to the user interface under File Center. When you click "Private Catalog: Import Products" you will see "Choose File" next to File Upload. Click this button to locate the file on your computer. Double click your file and it will be ready to go.
- Enter your email address if you want to be notified when the job is complete. (optional).
- Click Submit
Step 4 - Monitor Job Processing
- You will want to monitor the Import that you just ran in File Center. The job will be in a Pending or Processing status until the software has completed it. These jobs typically take 30-60 minutes depending on the size of the CSV file.
- Once finished you will see the job Completed or Complete w/ Warnings. Click on the job and you will have access to a Processing Report. Open the report and the success or failure of each line item will be reported.