Table of Contents
Browse to the File Center using the main navigation bar. Near the bottom of the left-hand navigation bar, under Catalog Import, click Private Catalog: Import Products.
- Download the Compatible File Template Private Catalog: Import Products link shown in the above image.
- Open the downloaded file.
- For this template and any others in the E-Commerce platform, make sure that you review the developer notes so that you can ensure that your file meets the required specifications.
Populate Template With Your Data
This template has seventeen (17) columns, some of which are optional. Below we offer an explanation of what each column header represents.
- Manufacturer.name (required) The name of the brand or manufacturer. Make sure to watch your spelling so that you don't end up accidentally creating two manufacturers with similar names.Examples of Brand/Manufacturer: Sea-Doo, AFX, Stillen, Kubota, Seizmik, Yamaha.
- ProductGroup.name (required) Product Groups represent a webstore listing and contain one or more Products (also known as Variations) each with their own unique Manufacturer Part Number (MPN). Similar Products belong in a Product Group. Customers can then select individual Products on the Product Group webstore listing with dropdowns and selectors for attributes like color and sizer.
Examples of Product Groups: Force Gloves, Outpost Jacket, GX-J Boots.
- ProductGroup.description (optional) Product Group Description that shows on webstore page. HTML formatting is recommended but not required. Most products within a Product Group will have the same description.
- Product.manufacturer_part_number (required) The MPN from the Manufacturer or Original Brand. A unique MPU is required for each Product.
- Product.upc (Optional) You may use this field to enter a UPC code for your products.
- Product.msrp (required) The MSRP for the product. The platform has other features that will allow you to adjust the sale price of the product. MSRP is most commonly referenced for aftermarket products.
- Product.size (optional) The size of the product. Keep your naming conventions consistent throughout all of your apparel data. That way when people are shopping on your webstore everything feels predictably organized and items do not fall out of searches because they use a different scale. Example sizes include:
- Large, Medium, Small.
- 8, 9, 10, 11.
- 80.00mm, 90.00mm, 100.00mm.
- Product.color (optional) Product color. Be consistent to avoid accidentally hiding Products from customers. Example colors include:
- Red, Yellow, Green.
- RD, YLW, GRN.
- Product.option (optional) Use this field if there is a key option on a product line that you feel would be nice to have a shopper toggle on. Or if there are is a product that has like a color line with chrome or black accents. Here are some things we see people use for a Product Option:
- Titanium, Steel, Aluminum.
- Carbon Fiber, Stainless Steel.
- Knurled, Deep Cut, Slot Track, Dimpled.
- Chrome Accent, Gloss Black Accent, Carbon Fiber Accent.
- Standard, Short, Long.
- Product.image_url (optional) For images hosted inside or outside of the E-Commerce platform. HTTP or HTTPS will work. Multiple images are supported. Simply place a semicolon in between each image URL. No spaces required. Just ";". Images are very important for selling Ecommerce Products customers cannot inspect in person.
- Product.image_file_name (optional) For use with Media Center. If you go into Media Center and upload an image, you simply need to copy/paste the image file name into this column.
- Product.height (optional) Dimensions in Inches. No decimals, abbreviations or text. A 1 in diameter, 17 in long pole would could contain a 17 in this field.
- Product.width (optional) Dimensions in Inches. No decimals, abbreviations or text. A 1 in diameter, 17 in long pole would could contain a 1 in this field.
- Product.depth (optional) Dimensions in Inches. No decimals, abbreviations or text. A 1 in diameter, 17 in long pole would could contain a 1 in this field.
- Product.weight (optional) Weight in Pounds. Decimals allowed.
Upload Your Data
- Go back to File Center.
- When you click Private Catalog: Import Products you will see Choose File next to File Upload. Click this button to locate the file on your computer. Double click your file and it will be ready to go.
- Make sure to enter a notification email.Imports jobs typically take 30-60 minutes depending on the size of the CSV file, however imports may take significantly longer. Please contact support if an import does not succeed or fail within 48 hours.
- Click Submit
- Once finished you will see the job marked Completed or Complete w/ Warnings.
- Click on the job and you will have access to a Processing Report.
- Open the report and the success or failure of each line item will be reported.