Managing Admin User Permissions
Signing Into the Admin Panel
Resetting Your Admin Panel Password
Creating New Admin Panel User Accounts
Important Analytics and SEO Terms and What They Mean for Your Site
Basic DNS Information for Your Website & Email Domain
Tips to Improve Your Site's Search Engine Optimization
Creating Custom Reports in Web Stats
Creating Email Reports in Web Stats
Resetting Your Web Stats Password
Creating and Managing Goals in Web Stats
Changing Metadata through the inline editor
Setting Up Google Conversion Tracking for Dealer Spike Forms
Logging into Web Stats
Creating Announcement Pop-Ups with the Announcement Builder
Uploading Slides to a Slideshow
Changing Hours with the Hours Editor
Tips and Tricks for Laying Out Pages
Adding OEM Promotions to Your Website
Creating and Editing Announcement Builder Templates
Create Content Pages
Chatbridge Admin Tutorial
Chatbridge Operator Tutorial
Using Basic HTML to Format Text in Inventory Fields and Content Snippets
Managing Staff with the Staff Builder Tool
Changing the About Us Statement on the Home Page
Creating Calendar Events
Using Built-in Web Forms and Leads
Customizing Page URLs
Image Guidelines and Tips
Creating Blog Posts
Request Outgoing Inventory Feeds for Third Party Listing Sites
Updating Inventory from your Sandhills DMS
How to Manage your Talon DMS Integration
Getting Started with DMS Integrations
DMS Integration Frequently Asked Questions
DMS Integrations Overview (Incoming Feeds)
Dealer Spike Information
Changing Your Billing Information
Contacting Technical Support
Getting News and Updates about Dealer Spike
Getting in Touch with Your Account Manager
Catalog and Product Management
Aftermarket Catalog and Product Management
OEM Catalog and Product Management
Update Ecommerce OEM Prices by Price File Import
StreamsAdmin / OEM Replacement Catalog
Catalog Availablility- Partstream OEM
Private Catalog and Product Management
How do I Create and Publish Private/Custom Catalogs?
Update Private Catalog Products and Product Groups by User Interface
Update Fitment by User Interface
Update Fitment by CSV Import
Export Ecommerce Products and Product Groups to CSV
Update Private Catalog Products and Product Groups by CSV Import
What Should I Know Before Starting a Private Catalog?
Examples of Product Data and Attributes
Ecommerce Products, Product Groups, Categories and Catalogs
Delete or Exclude a Product Group
Hide an Ecommerce Category or Product Group
Update Product Group Category Mapping by User Interface
Update Product Group Category Mapping by CSV Import
Update Image Overrides by CSV Import
Update Cost Overrides by CSV Import
Update Price Rules & Price Overrides by User Interface
Update Price Overrides by CSV Import
Update Shelf Inventory and Price by User Interface
Update Categories and Category Structure by User Interface
Update Categories and Category Structure by CSV Import
Update Shelf Inventory and Sale Price by CSV Import
How to Format an Ecommerce SKU for Imports
Hosting Visuals in Media Center
How to Feature Product Groups
Ecommerce Checkout Process and Orders
How to Configure Paypal for Checkout
How to configure Authorize.net for checkout
How to configure Stripe for checkout
Lightspeed Web Orders Module
EasyPost - Feature Summary and Set-up
How to Buy Postage
How to Charge Shipping
Create Coupon Codes
Getting Started with Ecommerce
Ecommerce Terms and Functions
File Center Import and Export Hub
Configure Inventory Rules
General Account Settings
Inventory Trim Matching Guide
Protecting Manual Changes to your Major Inventory Units
About The Vehicle Detail Page
How to Edit/Update Inventory Units in the Inventory Manager
Adding Units that Aren't in the Vehicle Database
How to Troubleshoot Duplicate Inventory Units on your Dealer Spike Website
Enhance Digital Retailing with Payment Genie
What to Do If Your Inventory Isn't Updating
Recently Viewed Inventory
Managing Inventory Display Order
Managing Stock Photos on Inventory Units
Managing Multi-Location and Multi-Site Inventory
Managing Featured Inventory
Adding Youtube Videos to Inventory Units
Adding Overlay Text to Inventory Units
Managing Rental Inventory
Exporting / Printing Out Your Inventory
Adding Units to Your Inventory
Managing Price Fields on the Inventory Pages
Printing Finance App Leads
Approving and Rejecting User Surveys and Testimonials
Change Lead Email Settings
Updated by Randall Theil
Estimated Reading Time: 10 Minutes
Required Permissions: Siteeditadmin, Snippet
- Sign into your site's admin panel.
- Click on the Content tab, then on the Site Editing button from the top menu.
- Click the Begin Editing button to go to your site with the editing toolbar open.
- Go to the page on your site whose metadata you wish to change.
- Click the Metadata (< />) button on the top bar to open the Meta Data Editing panel.
- Fill in the Title, Description, and Keywords fields with your desired metadata and click the floppy disk icon in the upper right of the panel to save your changes.
The metadata editor is an easy-to-use tool that is built directly into the inline editing toolbar of your website. Metadata is a important for any website looking to draw in more traffic, since search engines (e.g. Google) use this data to determine if your website matches what users are looking for. The more descriptive your metadata is, the higher your website will be ranked within search results. This article will teach you how to access and use this tool.
- Start by signing into your site's Admin Panel. If you need instructions on signing in, click here.
- Once the admin panel homepage has loaded, select Content within the navigation bar at the top of the page.
- Next, click the Site Editing button from the dropdown menu.
- Once the Site Editing page is loaded, click the Begin Editing button. This will redirect you to your website’s homepage.
- Once you are at your homepage, the Inline Editor toolbar should be visible at the top of your screen. Within the options, click on the </> icon.
- The Meta Data Editor pop-up should appear. Here, you can edit your website’s title and description and add/remove keywords. It’s important to make sure that Title and Description remain human-readable. Here is an article from Google, that provides best practices: https://developers.google.com/search/docs/advanced/appearance/good-titles-snippets
- Once you have made the appropriate changes to your metadata, make sure you save your work.
Although Metadata Title, Description, and Keywords will be updated on your site immediately after the “Save” button has been clicked, it can still take days or weeks for the updated information to appear in search engine results.