Table of Contents
Updated by Randall Theil
Estimated Reading Time: 10 Minutes
Required Permissions: Inventory
Inventory Platform: Any
The Vehicle Detail Page (VDP) is the main inventory unit page and one of the most important lead generating pages on your website. Customers will mainly come here by clicking on units from the inventory list pages or by finding it on search engines.
Most of the VDP comes as-is, but Technical Support can add and remove some buttons and sections by request and can change text labels and make minor styling adjustments in several areas. This article will explain each section of the VDP and what can be customized in each area.
The Title Section
- At the top of the VDP the Get A Quote bar slides down after the user starts scrolling down and opens the Get A Quote form on click. Technical Support can change the text label by request.
- The Vehicle Title is the largest text on screen on the VDP and the most important text on the page for SEO. It's automatically generated based on the year, make, and model of the unit as they appear on the Inventory Manager page or in your DMS.
The Slideshow-CTA Section
- The main slideshow area under the vehicle title will scroll through any photos added to the unit from the Inventory Manager page. If the unit has multiple photos, a clickable timeline will appear below the slideshow. Technical Support can remove or change the look of the slideshow controls on the side of the window by request.
- The main price block appears to the right of the slideshow area above the column of call-to-action buttons. The main price entered for the vehicle will show up here. The retail price will also show up here if a retail price higher than the standard price has been entered. If no price has been entered, "Click for a Quote" will be displayed here instead. Technical Support can change the default text that appears here and the styling of the price block by request.
- The column of call-to-action (CTA) buttons is under the price block on the right. By default buttons to trigger several lead forms (Get a Quote, Get Financing, Value Your Trade, Take a Test Drive, Contact Us) appear there as well as the Print and Share buttons. Buttons can also be added here to link to third party services for users to check the vehicle history report or get an insurance quote for the unit. Talk to your Account Manager for more information on these buttons.
The Info Panel Section
- A grid of quick info fields appears below the slideshow area. By default the condition, stock number, vehicle type, and category will be listed here, as well as many of the fields you can fill out on the Inventory Manger page or in your DMS such as engine size or hitch type. Technical Support can prevent fields from showing up here by request.
- Below the quick info area there will be several panels with more info about the unit. These panels are dynamic and will only appear if specific things have been added to the unit.
• The Info tab will show up if a description has been added to the unit. This will populate automatically with a manufacturer description if the unit is linked to a vehicle entry in Dealer Spike's database (basically if the make and model have both been picked from the dropdowns on the Inventory Manager page instead of manually entered).
• The Photos tab will appear here if the unit has any pictures.
• The Videos tab will appear here if any Youtube videos have been attached to the unit.
• The Specifications tab will always populate and will show all of the fields that have been filled out for the unit on the Inventory Manager page or that have been transmitted from your DMS integration.
• The Manufacturer Info tab will appear if the unit is linked to a vehicle entry in Dealer Spike's database.
• The payment calculator tab allows customers to do basic calculations to get a rough payment estimate for the vehicle, but doesn't appear by default. Technical Support can add it to your site's VDP by request.
The Disclaimer Section
- The second-to-last area from the bottom of the VDP is the Recommendations bar. This row of vehicle links is automatically generated based on an algorithm that selects similar units based on vehicle type, year, make and model. Technical Support can hide the bar by request, but the results can't be customized per site.
- The bottom-most area of the VDP is the disclaimer. The default disclaimer goes like this:
Advertised pricing excludes applicable taxes title and licensing, dealer set up, destination, reconditioning and are subject to change without notice. Pricing may exclude any added parts, accessories or installation unless otherwise noted. Sale prices include all applicable offers. Not all options listed available on pre-owned models. Contact dealer for details.
Technical Support can customize the text that appears here by request.