Updated by Randall Theil
Estimated Reading Time: 15 Minutes
Required Permissions: Slideshow
- Log into your site's admin panel.
- Click on the Slideshows tab at the top of the page, then on the name of the slideshow you want to add a slide to.
- Click the Upload Image button on the panel at the top of the page.
- Click the Choose File button and select the image you want to upload from your device, then click the Upload button at the bottom of the page.
- Look for the slide you just uploaded in the list and fill out whichever fields you want. Then click the Active checkbox and the Update Slide Content button to save your changes and make your new slide live.
The slideshow is a section of a website that displays a series of rotating slides. The slideshow tool in your admin panel allows you to upload slides as well as remove and edit slides in your slideshow. This article will give you a step by step process on how to upload slides to your slideshow using the slideshow tool.
Follow the steps below to upload slides to a slideshow:
- Start by signing into your site's Admin Panel. If you need instructions on signing in, click here.
- Once logged in click Slideshows on the top menu bar. When the dropdown appears you will be able to select any of the slideshows that are on your site. Usually the slideshow named “Main-SlideShow” will be the primary one on your home page. Please select the slideshow you need to add a slide to.
- Once the slideshow management page loads click the Upload Image button.
- On the next page you will be able to upload one to four images at a time. Click the Choose File button and a pop-up will appear where you can select an image from your computer. Once you’ve selected the images you want to upload, click the Upload button at the bottom of the page. When the “Files Uploaded” message appears at the bottom you are safe to go back into your slideshow management page through the Slideshows icon on the top menu bar.
- Once back on the slideshow management page you will see your newly uploaded slide(s) at the bottom of the page.
- The slideshow dimensions will be on the top of the slideshow management page – you will want your slides to conform to these dimensions. You may use free software such as https://tinypng.com/ to correct your slide dimensions before uploading to the slideshow.
- Avoid image sizes above 1mb. You may use free software such as https://tinypng.com/ to compress your image before uploading to the slideshow.
- Once a slide is uploaded to your slideshow it is not active until you check the ‘Active’ checkbox and click the ‘Update Slide Content’ button.
- Avoid naming the image file with special characters such as spaces, $, %, @, etc. Best practice is to stick with dashes or underscores.
- Adding a link to the Link field can be useful if the slide is referencing a specific page on your website. That way when the slide is clicked it will open up the link in a new tab. You may also use external links. All links should begin with
- Adding alt text to the Alt field is important for accessibility. Screen reading software for visually impaired users read the alt tags on images to see what they are. It’s especially important to communicate any deals that appear as text inside the image (like “20 percent off accessories through June 1”).
- Adding title text to the Title field would add a caption of this text to the slide.The Title field needs to be enabled for your slideshow, it is normally disabled by default.
- Adding a Sequence number to your slide will place it in order respective of your other slides. You may also use negative numbers. Usually, you will want to order your slides in a simple sequence of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. But alternatively –200, -1, 1, 4, 9999 would also would also work.
- Adding a start and end date to your slide will enable it and disable it according to the date range you give it. A date picker will populate when clicked. You may also type in the date in the following format: mm/dd/yyyy. This automated process allows dealers to set slides active for specified amounts of time (sales, clearance, promos, etc).
- Clicking the “Resize Image” button will automatically stretch your image to the correct dimensions of your slideshow. This is useful if your image dimensions are similar but not exact to your slide dimensions, but it may distort your image if the dimensions between the two are vastly different. If you do not like the way the image appears, you may always click the “Restore Original Image” button which will restore your image to its original state.
- Important – You may only update one slide at a time.Be sure to change all relevant aspects of a slide (link, alt, title, sequence, date, etc.) and click the “Update Slide Content” button before moving onto another slide.