Managing Admin User Permissions
Signing Into the Admin Panel
Resetting Your Admin Panel Password
Creating New Admin Panel User Accounts
Important Analytics and SEO Terms and What They Mean for Your Site
Basic DNS Information for Your Website & Email Domain
Tips to Improve Your Site's Search Engine Optimization
Creating Custom Reports in Web Stats
Creating Email Reports in Web Stats
Resetting Your Web Stats Password
Creating and Managing Goals in Web Stats
Changing Metadata through the inline editor
Setting Up Google Conversion Tracking for Dealer Spike Forms
Logging into Web Stats
Creating Announcement Pop-Ups with the Announcement Builder
Uploading Slides to a Slideshow
Changing Hours with the Hours Editor
Tips and Tricks for Laying Out Pages
Adding OEM Promotions to Your Website
Creating and Editing Announcement Builder Templates
Create Content Pages
Chatbridge Admin Tutorial
Chatbridge Operator Tutorial
Using Basic HTML to Format Text in Inventory Fields and Content Snippets
Managing Staff with the Staff Builder Tool
Changing the About Us Statement on the Home Page
Creating Calendar Events
Using Built-in Web Forms and Leads
Customizing Page URLs
Image Guidelines and Tips
Creating Blog Posts
Request Outgoing Inventory Feeds for Third Party Listing Sites
Updating Inventory from your Sandhills DMS
How to Manage your Talon DMS Integration
Getting Started with DMS Integrations
DMS Integration Frequently Asked Questions
DMS Integrations Overview (Incoming Feeds)
Dealer Spike Information
Changing Your Billing Information
Contacting Technical Support
Getting News and Updates about Dealer Spike
Getting in Touch with Your Account Manager
Catalog and Product Management
Aftermarket Catalog and Product Management
OEM Catalog and Product Management
Update Ecommerce OEM Prices by Price File Import
StreamsAdmin / OEM Replacement Catalog
Catalog Availablility- Partstream OEM
Private Catalog and Product Management
How do I Create and Publish Private/Custom Catalogs?
Update Private Catalog Products and Product Groups by User Interface
Update Fitment by User Interface
Update Fitment by CSV Import
Export Ecommerce Products and Product Groups to CSV
Update Private Catalog Products and Product Groups by CSV Import
What Should I Know Before Starting a Private Catalog?
Examples of Product Data and Attributes
Ecommerce Products, Product Groups, Categories and Catalogs
Delete or Exclude a Product Group
Hide an Ecommerce Category or Product Group
Update Product Group Category Mapping by User Interface
Update Product Group Category Mapping by CSV Import
Update Image Overrides by CSV Import
Update Cost Overrides by CSV Import
Update Price Rules & Price Overrides by User Interface
Update Price Overrides by CSV Import
Update Shelf Inventory and Price by User Interface
Update Categories and Category Structure by User Interface
Update Categories and Category Structure by CSV Import
Update Shelf Inventory and Sale Price by CSV Import
How to Format an Ecommerce SKU for Imports
Hosting Visuals in Media Center
How to Feature Product Groups
Ecommerce Checkout Process and Orders
How to Configure Paypal for Checkout
How to configure Authorize.net for checkout
How to configure Stripe for checkout
Lightspeed Web Orders Module
EasyPost - Feature Summary and Set-up
How to Buy Postage
How to Charge Shipping
Create Coupon Codes
Getting Started with Ecommerce
Ecommerce Terms and Functions
File Center Import and Export Hub
Configure Inventory Rules
General Account Settings
Inventory Trim Matching Guide
Protecting Manual Changes to your Major Inventory Units
About The Vehicle Detail Page
How to Edit/Update Inventory Units in the Inventory Manager
Adding Units that Aren't in the Vehicle Database
How to Troubleshoot Duplicate Inventory Units on your Dealer Spike Website
Enhance Digital Retailing with Payment Genie
What to Do If Your Inventory Isn't Updating
Recently Viewed Inventory
Managing Inventory Display Order
Managing Stock Photos on Inventory Units
Managing Multi-Location and Multi-Site Inventory
Managing Featured Inventory
Adding Youtube Videos to Inventory Units
Adding Overlay Text to Inventory Units
Managing Rental Inventory
Exporting / Printing Out Your Inventory
Adding Units to Your Inventory
Managing Price Fields on the Inventory Pages
Printing Finance App Leads
Approving and Rejecting User Surveys and Testimonials
Change Lead Email Settings
Updated by Randall Theil
Estimated Reading Time: 10 Minutes
Required Permissions: Inventory
Inventory Platform: Any
- Log into your site's admin panel.
- Go to the Inventory Manager page from the Inventory dropdown at the top of the screen.
- Select the unit you'd like to add a video to from the dropdown at the top of the page (or start a new one).
- Scroll down until you find the Youtube field.
- Enter the 11-digit video code from the Youtube video you want to attach. Example: if the Youtube URL is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELtIPVLrzQY, the 11-digit ID is ELtIPVLrzQY.
Videos from Youtube can be attached to units on your current inventory pages. Multiple videos can be added to units and any video from Youtube should work. Embedded videos will appear on the inventory detail pages in their own Videos tab and customers can click on the thumbnails to open the videos in pop-ups. Videos from Vimeo or other video hosting services aren’t currently supported.
This article will walk you through the entire process to add a video to a unit. Embedded videos will appear on the inventory detail pages in their own Videos tab, and customers can click on the thumbnails to open the videos in pop-ups.
- Start by signing into your site's Admin Panel in another tab or browser window. If you need instructions on signing in, click here.
- Once you’re signed into the Admin Panel, click on the Inventory tab at the top of the screen, and then on the Inventory Manager button from the panel that slides down to get to your Inventory Management page.
- After you reach the Inventory Management page, use the search bar at the top of the screen to select the unit you’d like to add a video to, and then scroll down until you see the "YouTube" field. it will be under the Unit Marketing Options section.
- Open Youtube in a new browser tab or browser window. Pull up the video you'd like to add to a unit on Youtube.
- Capture the video key from the youtube video URL. This is the 11 characters from the video URL that follow "v=". This can be done by highlighting the 11 characters and pressing ctrl+c (cmd+c for mac users) or by clicking Edit then Copy from the browser menu.
- Back on the Inventory Management page, paste the Video Key into the Youtube field and click out of the field. You should see the video's thumbnail generate. You can continue adding additional videos here if you’d like. You can click the X icon to the upper right of the video thumbnail inside the Youtube field to remove the video.
- Scroll down and click save.