Managing Admin User Permissions
Signing Into the Admin Panel
Resetting Your Admin Panel Password
Creating New Admin Panel User Accounts
Important Analytics and SEO Terms and What They Mean for Your Site
Basic DNS Information for Your Website & Email Domain
Tips to Improve Your Site's Search Engine Optimization
Creating Custom Reports in Web Stats
Creating Email Reports in Web Stats
Resetting Your Web Stats Password
Creating and Managing Goals in Web Stats
Changing Metadata through the inline editor
Setting Up Google Conversion Tracking for Dealer Spike Forms
Logging into Web Stats
Creating Announcement Pop-Ups with the Announcement Builder
Uploading Slides to a Slideshow
Changing Hours with the Hours Editor
Tips and Tricks for Laying Out Pages
Adding OEM Promotions to Your Website
Creating and Editing Announcement Builder Templates
Create Content Pages
Chatbridge Admin Tutorial
Chatbridge Operator Tutorial
Using Basic HTML to Format Text in Inventory Fields and Content Snippets
Managing Staff with the Staff Builder Tool
Changing the About Us Statement on the Home Page
Creating Calendar Events
Using Built-in Web Forms and Leads
Customizing Page URLs
Image Guidelines and Tips
Creating Blog Posts
Request Outgoing Inventory Feeds for Third Party Listing Sites
Updating Inventory from your Sandhills DMS
How to Manage your Talon DMS Integration
Getting Started with DMS Integrations
DMS Integration Frequently Asked Questions
DMS Integrations Overview (Incoming Feeds)
Dealer Spike Information
Changing Your Billing Information
Contacting Technical Support
Getting News and Updates about Dealer Spike
Getting in Touch with Your Account Manager
Catalog and Product Management
Aftermarket Catalog and Product Management
OEM Catalog and Product Management
Update Ecommerce OEM Prices by Price File Import
StreamsAdmin / OEM Replacement Catalog
Catalog Availablility- Partstream OEM
Private Catalog and Product Management
How do I Create and Publish Private/Custom Catalogs?
Update Private Catalog Products and Product Groups by User Interface
Update Fitment by User Interface
Update Fitment by CSV Import
Export Ecommerce Products and Product Groups to CSV
Update Private Catalog Products and Product Groups by CSV Import
What Should I Know Before Starting a Private Catalog?
Examples of Product Data and Attributes
Ecommerce Products, Product Groups, Categories and Catalogs
Delete or Exclude a Product Group
Hide an Ecommerce Category or Product Group
Update Product Group Category Mapping by User Interface
Update Product Group Category Mapping by CSV Import
Update Image Overrides by CSV Import
Update Cost Overrides by CSV Import
Update Price Rules & Price Overrides by User Interface
Update Price Overrides by CSV Import
Update Shelf Inventory and Price by User Interface
Update Categories and Category Structure by User Interface
Update Categories and Category Structure by CSV Import
Update Shelf Inventory and Sale Price by CSV Import
How to Format an Ecommerce SKU for Imports
Hosting Visuals in Media Center
How to Feature Product Groups
Ecommerce Checkout Process and Orders
How to Configure Paypal for Checkout
How to configure Authorize.net for checkout
How to configure Stripe for checkout
Lightspeed Web Orders Module
EasyPost - Feature Summary and Set-up
How to Buy Postage
How to Charge Shipping
Create Coupon Codes
Getting Started with Ecommerce
Ecommerce Terms and Functions
File Center Import and Export Hub
Configure Inventory Rules
General Account Settings
Inventory Trim Matching Guide
Protecting Manual Changes to your Major Inventory Units
About The Vehicle Detail Page
How to Edit/Update Inventory Units in the Inventory Manager
Adding Units that Aren't in the Vehicle Database
How to Troubleshoot Duplicate Inventory Units on your Dealer Spike Website
Enhance Digital Retailing with Payment Genie
What to Do If Your Inventory Isn't Updating
Recently Viewed Inventory
Managing Inventory Display Order
Managing Stock Photos on Inventory Units
Managing Multi-Location and Multi-Site Inventory
Managing Featured Inventory
Adding Youtube Videos to Inventory Units
Adding Overlay Text to Inventory Units
Managing Rental Inventory
Exporting / Printing Out Your Inventory
Adding Units to Your Inventory
Managing Price Fields on the Inventory Pages
Printing Finance App Leads
Approving and Rejecting User Surveys and Testimonials
Change Lead Email Settings
Table of Contents
Updated by Randall Theil
Estimated Reading Time: 10 Minutes
Want to add your Dealer Spike-hosted email account to an external app like Outlook, iOS, or Android email? While every mail application is a little different, this page will walk you through the settings common to each that you'll need to add to get your email set up.
Email Application Settings Cheat Sheet
Account Type: Other
- This is often the first thing a mail application will ask about. If you see options like icloud, Microsoft Exchange, outlook.com, etc. Pick the "other" or "custom" option.
Name: Your Name
- The name field is usually for identifying the email account you're adding from others that might be set up in the app.
Email: Your Email Address
- This should be the full email address you're trying to add. Whenever it asks for an email address, make sure the full address is in there (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org).
Password: The password for your email account
- this is the password for your email account. If you don't remember what your password is and need instructions for resetting it, click here.
IMAP / POP: Either one
- At some point you should get the option to pick between IMAP or POP / POP3 for your incoming email. This changes how your device retrieves email. IMAP accounts will show you exactly what email is currently inside your email account. POP accounts download emails from the server to your local device. Pop accounts may or may not delete emails from the server. We recommend IMAP.
Incoming Server / Outgoing Server / Hostname: securemail.dealerspike.com
- This is usually a field you'll have to fill out for incoming and outgoing mail when adding email to an external app. No matter what your site domain is, this should always be securemail.dealerspike.com.
Username: Your Full Email Address
- When you see a username field (especially when paired with a password field), it should always be your complete email address again.
Incoming Port: 995 (for POP), 993 (for IMAP)
- The port numbers are sometimes automatically filled in based on other settings. If not use 995 for POP and 993 for IMAP.
Outgoing / SMTP Port: 465
- The port number for outgoing mail (sometimes referred to as SMTP) is always the same.
Outgoing / Incoming Server Requires Authentication: Yes or check
- There's often a checkbox or field where you can specify if the mail server for your email address requires authentication. This should be marked yes for incoming and outgoing mail.
Guides for Specific Platforms
- This video will walk you through the iOS email setup process on an iPad: click here.
- This PDF shows how to set up email on an iPhone or iPad: click here.
- This PDF shows how to set up email in Apple Mail: click here.
- This PDF shows how to set up email in Android's email app: click here.
- This PDF shows how to set up email in Microsoft Outlook: click here.
- This PDF shows how to set up email in Mozilla Thunderbird: click here.